Yes, it’s nearly Valentine’s Day again. A day of slightly awkward romance for some, a harbinger of loneliness for others. But if it’s not a day you’re looking forward to, don’t despair: superheroes can teach us a lot about love—what to do, and more often, what not to do. Here’s a tough-as-nails superhero’s take on how to cope with the mushiest of holidays.
1. Hang with friends…
2. …but choose them carefully.
3. Dress to impress.
4. Go on a date with someone whose online dating profile looks like this:
5. But who actually looks like this—
6. —and takes you on the date from hell—
7. —requiring a quick escape.
Image Comics, The Walking Dead #1 (variant cover), Oct 2003
8. Which brings out a lot of frustrations.
8. But do not under any circumstances text your ex—
10. And don’t be like Trina.
11. Just remember that above all else, superheroes stick together.
Biowars fans: Issue #8 is up!